Mondelez India Foods Private Limited Privacy Notice preamble – Section 1
At Mondelez India Foods Private Limited, we value your trust when sharing your personal data with us and recognize that you may be concerned about the information provided to us and about how we handle that information.
If you are reading this Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice“) it is because you may have visited a Website, a Mobile App or any other place within any Social Media (all of them referred to hereinafter as “Sites”)
operated by Mondelez India Foods Private Limited, Induri Farms Private Limited, CS Business Services (India) Private Limited or its affiliates, (“MDLZ” or “us” or “we“) directly or indirectly operated through a nominated third party on behalf of MDLZ or, because you may have contacted us directly by phone or in writing.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which we use, store and Process your personal Data, as defined in more detail under Section 2A below (“Personal Data“) when you access our Sites or contact us.
MDLZ data Processing – section 2
MDLZ may collect, record, organise, structure, store, adapt, alter, retrieve, use, align or combine, index, disclose by transmission, , profile, disseminate (collectively “Process”) your Personal Data which you provide or which we collect
about you when you navigate or communicate through or participate or subscribe on our Sites for the purposes of advertising, supplying you with our products and services, running any schemes campaigns, conducting studies, surveys or researches,
making contact with you for marketing or other commercial purposes, answering your inquiries regarding our products, facilitating your participation in our offers and promotions, handling any product complaints, profiling
of your Personal Data and/or analysing and improving the quality of our products or services.
will be collecting your consent by opt-ins where required by local law, so that you have control on the information we Process and hold about you. Otherwise, we will only Process your Personal Data for the purposes specified in Section
2B below. .
We usually Process your Personal Data in your location but, it may also be stored in systems based around the world, and may be Processed by third party service providers acting on our behalf. These systems and providers may be based on territories
that do not provide an equivalent level of protection over privacy as that enjoyed in your location. In that case MDLZ will use reasonable endeavours to provide for adequate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal
Data and ensure a level of safeguards that is reasonably equivalent to the one of the country of origin. You can seek for further information and exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, objection, and data portability
in respect of your Personal Data, by clicking in our Contact Us feature.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting an updated version of the Privacy Notice on our Sites. Please visit this Privacy Notice section to stay informed about how we Process your personal data.
For further information select the links:
- What Personal Data do we collect from you? – Section A
- Why do we Process your Personal Data? – Section B
- How long do we retain your Personal Data? – Section C
- Who might we share your Personal Data with? – Section D
- International transfers of your Personal Data – Section E
- How do we ensure the security of your Personal Data? – Section F
- What rights do you have regarding the Personal Data we hold about you? – Section G
- Social Media and Other Websites- Section H
- How do we Process Children’s Personal Data? – Section I
- Who is MDLZ’s Data Protection Officer? – Section J
A. What Personal data do we collect from you?
The type of information and Personal Data that we collect about you when you visit our Sites or interact with us may include the following:
- Personal details provided by you – such as but not limited to your name, age, gender, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and email address, your requests, any complaints you may have and any
other data we receive if you communicate with us via email, online or via social media, when you navigate our Sites and any other information you provide – for example, when you register with our Sites, sign up for our newsletters,
participate in our offers and promotions, provide customer feedback, reply to surveys or purchase our products or services;
- Payment information – including data to make purchases, such as your payment account details, credit card and debit card numbers, expiration date, shipping and billing address;
- Account login information – including any information that is required for you to establish a user account, such as user name, password and security question and answer;
- Information collected automatically – including information about your computer, IP address, mobile operating system, browser, manufacturer and model of your mobile device, geolocation, preferred language, access time, and time
that we may collect, for example, when we use in our Sites our own cookies or cookies owned by 3rd parties, web beacons and similar technologies that collect information about your use of our Sites or about your interaction with us by emails.
B. Why do we Process your Personal Data?
We Process your Personal Data for the purposes below and on any other lawful basis. Please know that insofar we already hold information about you, we may Process that information for the same purposes.
- For legitimate commercial interests: we may Process your Personal Data (both on an aggregated and on an individual basis), for the purpose of advertising, marketing, running schemes and campaigns, conducting research or surveys,
providing, personalising, measuring, improving and promoting our products and services, providing, understanding, improving, customising and developing our Sites, creation and maintenance of a trusted and safe environment on Sites
(such as complying with our legal obligations and compliance with our policies), profiling, making payments or for recording financial transactions and for analysing and improving the quality of our products or services, as well as,
to understand you as a customer.
- This also means that we analyse the information that you provide to us together with your use of our Sites or of our products and services and we Process all this information to improve the same and to give you a better user experience
(for example, we analyse what web pages you visit, which products and services you use and like, how you use these products and services).
We may also Process your Personal Data, for legitimate commercial interests such as, to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our products and services; to assist in security and fraud prevention; for system integrity purposes;
to remind you of your abandoned cart or send you an order confirmation; to facilitate our business operations, to operate company policies and procedures; to enable us to make corporate transactions, such as any merger, sale, reorganization,
transfer of MDLZ assets or businesses, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event, to comply with our legal obligations; and for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law, on which we would provide the relevant information
at the time.
- For the performance of the terms and conditions of a contract: to purchase our products or services or to develop a contest, competition or promotion in which you may have entered, to conduct the promotion and contact to you if
you became a winner, to be able to answer to any information request performed using our Contact Us features.
- We may also Process your information, where granted, for instance for marketing purposes and for tailoring our communications with you based on your profiles via email, SMS, other electronic means or otherwise. You can withdraw
your consent any time; see “What rights do you have regarding the Personal Data we hold about you?”
- To comply with our legal obligations, such as maintaining appropriate business records, handling complaints made to our customer service, managing product health, safety or quality complaints, complying with lawful requests by public
authorities and with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
C. How long do we retain your Personal Data?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to satisfy the purpose for which it was provided by you or collected by us (for example, for the time necessary for us to answer queries or resolve problems).
We may therefore retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the Personal Data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner. We may, instead of
destroying or erasing your Personal Data, make it anonymous so that it cannot be associated with or tracked back to you. In certain cases, we may have legal or regulatory obligations that require us to retain specific records for a set
period of time.
D. Who might we share your Personal Data with?
We may share your Personal Data with:
- MDLZ entities. Your Personal Data could be shared between MDLZ companies that may Process your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice.
- Service Providers and Processors. We may engage third party vendors, agents, service providers, and affiliated entities to provide services to us on our behalf, such as support for the internal operations of our websites, Mobile
Apps or online stores (including social media services providers, payment Processors, brand activation agencies, data analytics providers and third parties we use for sending your orders to your address, such as postal courier vendors)
or for the technical Processing (for example, hosting services or data storage) or for customer relationship management services, as well as related offline product or promotional support services, (for example, competitions, sweepstakes
and contests organizers, winner draws providers, events management agencies, prize or compensation packages vendors), for profiling purposes to understand customer behaviours and patterns and, other related services.
In providing their services, they may access, receive, maintain or otherwise Process Personal Data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own purposes, including their
marketing purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only Process it in accordance with our instructions.
Partners. We may sometimes offer you a service or application in co-operation with partners (for example, co-sponsors or licensors, licensees or distributors of our branded products). We may therefore need to disclose your Personal
Data to those partners. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only Process it in accordance with our instructions
or as co-controllers. In those cases in which the disclosure of your Personal Data with third partners takes place based on your consent or your request to do so, where relevant, we will clearly notify you of the sharing, and you will
have the choice not to participate or to otherwise object to such sharing.
- Third parties in case of legal requirement. We may also disclose your Personal Data if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal Processes; when we believe necessary
or appropriate to disclose Personal Data to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Privacy Notice; to respond to any claims
against us or our personnel; and, to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MDLZ, our customers, employees, contractors or the public.
- Third Parties in case of a corporate transaction. In addition, information about our customers, including Personal Data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, reorganization, transfer of MDLZ’ assets or businesses, acquisition,
bankruptcy, or similar event.
E. International transfers of your Personal Data
The global nature of our business means that your Personal Data may be disclosed within the Mondelez International group.
We also use some third party suppliers to help us provide business services. These third parties may have access to or host your Personal Data, but will always do so under our instructions and subject to a contractual relationship. When these
third parties are located in territories which may not offer an equivalent level of protection to privacy as that applicable within your country, we will take reasonable steps to verify that your Personal Data receives a reasonable level
F. How do we ensure the security of your Personal Data?
We use a variety of physical, technical and administrative security standards, technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to an appropriate level depending on the sensitivity
of the information.
We take steps to limit access to your Personal Data to those persons who need to have access to it for one of the purposes listed in this Privacy Notice. Furthermore, we use reasonable efforts to ensure that any third party Processing
your Personal Data equally provide for confidentiality and integrity of your data in a secure way
G. What rights do you have regarding the Personal Data we hold about you?
You have the following rights:
- to obtain a copy of your Personal Data together with information about how and on what basis that Personal Data is Processed;
- to rectify inaccurate Personal Data (including the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed);
- to request that we erase your Personal Data in limited circumstances ;
- to request that we restrict Processing of your Personal Data where:
- – the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested;
– the Processing is unlawful, but you object to the erasure of the Personal Data;
– we no longer require the Personal Data for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is
required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim; or
-you challenge the Processing which is justified on the basis of a legitimate interest.
In case you may have a complaint about how we Process your Personal Data, you can Contact Us.
If you have any question regarding the Processing of your Personal Data, this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any of the above mentioned rights, please contact us by referring to the Contact Us section below. You may revoke your
consent for receiving newsletter or marketing communications at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication. You can also control these preferences in your profile settings, where applicable.
H. Social Media and Other Websites
When you participate in any of our MDLZ profiles or wherever MDLZ is present in any of the various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, etc., you should be familiar with and understand
the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the Personal Data in your social media profile(s).
Subsequently our Sites may contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our websites and mobile applications. While these third-party websites are selected with care, MDLZ cannot accept liability for the
use of your Personal Data by these organisations. For more information and details, please consult the Section Data Privacy Notices of third parties and the privacy statement of the website you are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
I. How do we Process Children’s Personal Data?
In general terms, our Sites are not intended to persons under 18 years old as under law they are deemed to be in a capacity to provide valid consent Any time persons under the said age access the Site, should provide a parent/guardian’s consent
before providing any Personal Data to us to the website. If we determine upon collection that a user is under age and has not provided a parent/guardian’s consent before providing any Personal Data, we will not use or maintain his/her
Personal Data without the parent/guardian’s consent. Without such consent, though, the relevant person under the age may not be able to participate in certain activities. However, in certain circumstances, we may maintain and use
such information (in accordance with the rest of this Notice and applicable law) in order to notify and obtain consent from the parent/guardian and for certain safety, security, liability and other purposes permitted under applicable law.
A parent/ guardian can review, remove, change or refuse further collection or use of their child’s Personal Data by contacting us by referring to the Contact Us section below, including child’s name, address and e-mail address.
J. Contact Us
If you have questions, general concerns about the Processing of your Personal Data, or any data protection issue, you may write to email@example.com
or at our address: Mondelez India Foods Private Limited (Formerly Cadbury India Ltd.), Unit No. 2001, 20th Floor, Tower-3 (Wing C), Indiabulls Finance Centre, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Pincode – 400013